Kotn is looking for an Apparel & Product Technician who will be primarily responsible for assisting the Apparel Designer throughout all stages of sample development. Knowledge of garment patterns, fit & sewing construction is crucial.
- Assist the designer in sample and trim submission approvals and organization.
- Generate garment tech packs to include clear points of measure, sewing instructions and garment finishing details.
- Create detailed apparel technical sketches and diagrams on Adobe Illustrator to input into tech packs for sample development and sewing instructions.
- Collect all necessary fabrics, trims, pattern, etc. needed for sampling and pass to our production team in Egypt.
- Assist the Designer in organizing weekly fit sessions and conducting fit comments to communicate with the sewing factory.
- Accurately measure samples, record findings & highlight areas for improvement.
- Inspect all samples to ensure requested construction and quality workmanship has been achieved.
- Review garment patterns to minimize errors and reduce sample lead-time.
- 1-2 years of apparel development experience.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Excel, Google Documents and File Management
- Very detail oriented and precise
- Adaptable and open to change
- Enthusiastic, can-do approach, no task too small attitude. Willing to wear multiple hats in small team environment
- Passionate about the future of fashion and manufacturing, and have an understanding of the ethical fashion landscape